ABOUT | ScienceDIVER: Cross-sectoral skills for the blue economy market (Project id: 863674 – EMFF Blue Economy 2018 – Blue Careers)
ScienceDIVER aims to support the development of blue and smart cross-sectoral skills to meet the evolving needs in the labor market of the Blue Economy. Particularly, this project, facing the challenges of UN’s “Decade of Ocean Science for Sustainable Development”, will build solid -long lasting- collaborations and structures between academia and industry in order to offer standardized training and clear career pathways to the diving scientists. The transition from the higher education to the marine industry is performed in three steps. Initially, through the driving of policy change to support the Scientific Diving as a profession and its unified regulation among EU countries, through a job-oriented qualification scheme for diving scientists, which is provided by the participating Universities (AUTH, UNICAL, STU) andDAN Europe in partnership with International Diving Training Organizations (CMAS, PADI). And sequentially, by matching the developed skills with offered jobs, over a dedicated ICT ―BlueCareers platform (ATL) for career opportunities, which rely on scientific diving and Blue Technologies (as they are associated with scientific diving). A smooth transition is ensured with the contribution of key stakeholders in underwater science (e.g. CMAS SSC), diving regulations (e.g.EUF) and safety (DAN) as well as from the established or emerging Blue Economy industry sectors (MCB, ENVI).
- increase visibility of scientific diving as a high quality-well paid profession;
- creation of links between academia and maritime/diving Industry;
- development of a job seeking platform, providing insights on market demands (to students/higher institutions), in terms of skills (input from industry);
- Raising awareness of policy makers/competent organizations for the promotion, support, development and professional acknowledgement of scientific diving;
- development of sea-basin network of actors of higher education, diving associations/organizations, industry and national/European public authorities, professional associations etc.
Cross-sectoral skills for the Blue Economy labor market (Blue Careers-863674)
ARISTOTLE UNIVERSITY OF THESSALONIKI (AUTH), Greece
ATLANTIS CONSULTING SA (ATL), Greece
UNIVERSITA DELLA CALABRIA (UNICAL), Italy
UNIVERSITAET STUTTGART (STU), Germany
ENVIROCOM (ENVI), Germany
MARINE CLUSTER BULGARIA (MCB), Bulgaria
DIVERS ALERT NETWORK EUROPE FOUNDATION (DAN), Malta